On Tuesday 05 November 2002 19:53, Technoslick wrote:

> I have a Bt848KPF video capture card that came with my 3Com
> BigPicture Vidcam. I did a little research on it and found that the
> Brooktree chipset on the card is very compatible under Linux. I can
> see on the card that it was made by Hauppage. I no longer care to use
> the Webcam that came with it, but instead use the card for retrieving
> video from my VHS-C recorder. Did you have to make any adjustments or
> configurations in MDK 9.0 after you installed it for it to work? Does
> KWinTV work well for video retrieval and editing?

I am still on Mandrake 8.1, but I did not need to do anything special to
view my camcorder on KWinTV. I would say this program is OK for
creating video clips if you don't need sound. I have only been able to
record silent video clips with KWinTV, despite the presence of a "video
+ audio" option. KWinTV cannot be used for video editing as far as I
know.