I have a hauppage tv tuner with the brooktree chipset
and it seems to work fine. I never use the card in
linux but i do get the "blue screen" from the yellow
jack and i get "snow" from the coax. So it does work.
I haven't actually tried capturing video with it Linux
but I assume that it will work.

--- Technoslick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> I have a Bt848KPF video capture card that came with
> my 3Com BigPicture
> Vidcam. I did a little research on it and found that
> the Brooktree chipset
> on the card is very compatible under Linux. I can
> see on the card that it
> was made by Hauppage. I no longer care to use the
> Webcam that came with it,
> but instead use the card for retrieving video from
> my VHS-C recorder. Did
> you have to make any adjustments or configurations
> in MDK 9.0 after you
> installed it for it to work? Does KWinTV work well
> for video retrieval and
> editing?

MandrakeSoft?