If turning DMA on works, and you are satisfied --- use it!

T :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: gikoreno
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Burning frustration

Hey John,

sorry to have taken so long to reply.
I tried taking away the none in the fstab, but it didn't work. I think that's the way it is supposed to be on Mandrake 9.0.

It turned out the reason why it wasn't burning at a decent speed was DMA related. I turned DMA on as per the other posts and it worked.
Knowing how people warn on the reliability of CD-ROMS when coupled with DMA, I am not convinced it's the best idea (will corruption follow?), but the performance of the system definitely went tremendously up.
So I guess I'll figure it out soon.
Thanks!

gikoreno

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com