On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> >You specify multiple
> > packages on the same command line such as "rpm -e netscape-common-4.6-1
> > netscape-communicator-4.6-1
>
> But each of the above apparently refers to more than one package :-(
> How can I get a lisrt of what is installed (including duplicates?

EXACTLY!!! You have to specify ALL of the packages at once,
or it'll complain that you're breaking other files and will
exit.

> I can't force an uninstall, and forcing an
> install does cut the number of > references in Package
> amanger down to one, but doesn't make it any easier to >
> uninstall... I just keep getting the error message. >

Just TRY it before you complain. There's usually a reason
people tell you to do seemingly impossible things. In this
case, the reason is that you CAN specify multiple files at
once, and in a case where they are inter-dependant (like
Netscape) you HAVE to *UNINSTALL* all of them at once.
Otherwise RPM will give you an error stating that you can't
uninstall just one. :-)
        John