My ISP is ATT/Roadrunner (or whatever they're called in Boston
now).  Yesterday they forced a switch to dynamic IP addressess
and DNS resolution so I can no longer use static IP addresses for
my DNS server entries.

My home network uses a W2K box connected directly to a cable
modem.  No problem switching that to the new configuration.  I
have a second ethernet card connected to a router into which I plug
in a Linux (LM9) laptop.  Formerly, I gave each machine on the
home network a fixed IP address (the linux box was 192.168.0.2)
with the 2nd eth card on the W2K box as 192.168.0.1).

I can no longer do DNS resolution from the Lin box.

Can anyone give me or point me to step by step directions for
configuring both boxes to re-establish my ethernet connection from
Linux?

TIA
Paul