I have a problem with Mandrake 8.1

If anyone is familiar with Mandrake please offer some advice (offer it even
if your not).

When I used to click on the "Internet" icon on the desktop it would prompt
for the root password. It still does this but when I enter it the window
that would normally show the connection never finishes loading. It sits
there like it were a web browser that isn't able to fully download a page
and only shows some things on it.

I had this working fine before then one day I decide to reboot and it didn't
work after that. Well, I figured maybe it was an upgrade I did so I
reformatted the hd and reinstalled Mandrake fresh. Same problem. So, now I
install Mandrake on a different hd and still the same problem.

So, now I think...maybe it's a graphic card problem since it seems to be
choking on the display of the "Internet" window. So I installed a Geforce 2,
which is working fine, but I am having the same problem.

The last thing I can think might possibly be the problem is the NIC. But I
am really stumped here. It was working fine one day, then I do a reboot and
it just sits there. Very odd.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Mithrilhall

*       Mithrilhall's  Linux        *
*              Server               *
*          AMD-K2 350MHz            *