On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 06:35, Peter Watson wrote:
> I just made my first attempt at compiling and installing a package
> (gwc-0.17-5) from source. Unfortunately I'm in trouble.
>
> The GWC README file lists FFTW and libsndfile as dependencies and I
> downloaded these and they seem to have compiled and installed ok, after a
> bit of confusion as to whether libsndfile should be in /usr/local/lib or
> /usr/lib they seem alright.
>
> However when I come to ./configure gwc it complains with the error:-
>
> "Could not find gnomeConf.sh file that  is generated  by gnome-libs
> install"
>
> I certainly have no gnomeConf.sh file and yet I do have
> gnome-libs-1.4.2-1mdk installed. Has anyone got any pointers as to what is
> wrong.
>
> TIA
> Pete
> Artdnamurchan         Scotland

You might want to manually edit the /etc/ld.so.conf file to point to
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib, then re-run ldconfig - that will rebuild
the cache for your libs/includes and the likes. Do that then try to
reconfigure your apps - shouldn't have a prob after that - or at least
that's what we hope!

--
Thu Nov 14 07:40:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

Laetrile is the pits.