On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 12:32, Peter Watson wrote:
> On Thursday 14 Nov 2002 23:24, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 04:19, Peter Watson wrote:
> > > Each time I try to use userdrake I receive message box:-
> > >
> > > cannot lock usr lib,
> > > file /etc/ptmp or /etc/gtmp exist
> > >
> > > Both these files exist and are exact copies of /etc/passwd and
> > > /etc/groups, if I delete /etc/ptmp and /etc/gtmp userdrake works
> > > properly -- until the next time when I have to go through the same
> > > routine.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to avoid this problem
> >
> > Are you logged in as ROOT when you're doing this ?
>
> Yes I run userdrake through MCC which runs as root, its not a huge deal as
> I know how to gey round it (as above) but I would like to fix it if anyone
> knows how
>
> Regards       Pete
> Ardnamurchan  Scotland

What happens if you use KUSER (sorry, "kuser") to
check/add/delete/modify accounts -? Do you get the same errors?

--
Fri Nov 15 14:45:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497

Never trust an automatic pistol or a D.A.'s deal.
                -- John Dillinger