On Friday 15 Nov 2002 12:15, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 22:55, Peter Watson wrote:
> > > What happens if you use KUSER (sorry, "kuser") to
> > > check/add/delete/modify accounts -? Do you get the same errors?
> >
> > No...  kuser works fine! I guess that is the solution to my problem
> > for the future. I wonder if there is something wrong with userdake.
> >

> > ----
>
> Well, I kinda went that route before - so instead of attempting to
> figure out WHY "userdrake" choked and puked, I defaulted to KUSER -
> mostly because of it's nice-shiny-cute look (and I used to use x-useradd
> and they looked kinda the same)...but it always works for me (so does
> adduser from the terminal, but we've grown up and started using GUI's
> nowadays)
>
> And who says Australians aren't on top of things! (grin)

I'm happy now with kuser, so many thanks, but you got me thinking and I
sniffed around a bit more.

I found that if I start userdrake from mandrake Control Centre, which is
what I always previously did I got the problems I outlined, but if I
launch it from a root console it works fine. Looks like some sort of
interaction between MCC and userdrake is screwed.

Many thanks     Pete
Ardnamurchan    Scotland