On Friday 15 Nov 2002 9:59 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 15 Nov 2002 12:40 am, you wrote:
> > Typing hdparm will give you some params, doing a man hdparm will
> > definately fill you with info - sometimes too much info.
>
> Talking of which - I'm sure there is a way to get man files to print out,
> but I can't do it.  Can you help me, please

Thanks to Gerald Waugh back in Feburary:

The "col" command filters out reverse line feeds so creates printable
output:

$  man <man_file> | col -b > filename.txt

Example to make a printable file of the tar manual:
$ man tar | col -b > tar.txt

Then take a look at tar.txt in an editor before printing and you'll see that
its all formatted for you.

HTH
Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today