I use pop-before-smtp for this. Mandrake RPMs can be found using
rpmfind.net. The home page (popbsmtp.sourceforge.net) doesn't appear to
be available right now.

I think I have this on my machine already, but I can't remember how to get to it.

Anyway, pop-before-smtp allows your server to relay for users who
successfully authenticate via POP. I use this successfully to host mail
for my family.

I remember seeing this option somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it. I am pretty sure this is the option I want to go with. If you get a chance, could you send me the appropriate settings in the appropriate file?

thanks

You will need to set the mail client to log in before sending mail for
this to work.

Is this where you set "log on using secure password authentication" in Microshlock's Outlook Express?

Kind regards,

John...