I think we are infinitely more likely to fix such a problem than we
are to upgrade ourselves out of it. And I think Mandrakesoft knows
it. So if this were a tactic on MDK's part, it's a poor one.

Also, a set-up like this would give fodder to anti open source
factions, and propel the myth that proprietary apps are better.
We all know that MDK lives and breathes the open source philosophy.
They stand alone in that respect, I think.

So I have to believe that MDK just made a mistake. They're smarter
and more circumspect than to do this deliberately.

Miark