Aaron wrote:

Hi I am also having a problem but guess I am not so far along as you
are.
I have a plextor ide cdr that stopped working so I sent to be repaired.
I never tried to configure it under MD 9.0 before but I am attempting
this now. I see in kdes scsi control module that it exist as Host:scsi2
channel:00 ld: 02 Lun: 00 whatever that means.
Whaen I do cdrecord -scanbus I get this

Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.6'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) *
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-ROM PX-40TS ' '1.10' Removable
CD-ROM
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
scsibus2:
2,0,0 200) *
2,1,0 201) *

2,2,0 202) 'D ÿD ÿ' 'D ÿD ÿD ÿD ÿ' 'D ÿ' vendor specific 4
unknown device type 0x1c
2,3,0 203) *
2,4,0 204) *
2,5,0 205) *
2,6,0 206) *
2,7,0 207) *
I had it setup in fstab before I took the drive out, now the entries are
no good, and I need to find out what to put in fstab for my cd.
I have three cds a ide dvd reader, a scsi reader, and an ide cdr.

thanks
Aaron

Gutten Tag Aaron,

You have 2 devices , a CDROM and a Writer, both on 2nd IDE line ?

The Plextor is the writer ?

are they both IDE devices ? if not which is true scsi device ?

can we see your /etc/fstab entries please

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]