Joe Braddock wrote:

-------Original Message-------
From: John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 11/22/02 11:47 AM
To: NEWBIE 1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] Printer Problems M9.0 and Lexmark Z53

I don't know if anyone else has had problems with their printer
driver/spooling
in M9.0 as me but mine is totally stuffed on the colour side and nothing I do to
correct the appauling colour balance , hue , saturation and brightness
makes any difference .

Since M8.0 my Z52 's and Z53 all ran on a choice of 2 ghostscript and one
generic driver all of which worked right up to M8.2. The generic drive
was hard to set up,and I gave up on it but the two ghostscript
drivers worked , one was better at low resolution dpi setting
and the other was better with higher resolution, dpi 600 and
above.

Now nothing works in colour. I've spent hours trying to correct the
situation , wasted an entire cartridge , enless paper, but I cannot
correct it. I think the problem is not in the driver as such, and
in any case the pictures display well enough on screen so
the files are not currepted. It seems to be in the spooling
something overrides and currupts any corrections to
colour ba;lance, hue, saturation and brightness, the result
is awful and quite useless.

I don't think there is anything I can do to fix it.Whatever
is wrong is in the software and uncorrectable.

I just wondered whether anyone else has had the same problem.

John

I'm not going to be much help, but I'm using a Z53 with Mandrake Linux 9.0 and don't have any of problems you mention. Have you installed or updated anything that might affect CUPS or GIMP or the Z53 drivers? Joeb

Well that is encouraging , seems like there is hope then.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]