From: "Jeff Gaines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 5:18 AM
Subject: [newbie] Hard Disks not Recognised on Asus PB533-v Mainboard

I have just built a new PC round the Asus PB533-v mobo, it also has a
Promise Ultra card installed with 2 x HD's and 1 x DVD-RAM hanging off
the card.

Mandrake 8.2 recognises all the devices on the Promise card but none
of the devices on the in built IDE controller, i.e. /dev/hda is
actually my 'G' drive as far as Windows is concerned but my first
drive according to Mandrake.

Has anybody come across this? Is there a work round?

Regards

----