On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 09:49:53 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>Please tell me if I understand your set-up correctly. You have a system that
>is utilitizing both the primary and secondary IDE channels built into the
>motherboard, and they are using the standard IRQs 14 and 15, I/O addresses
>1F0 and 170, respectfully. Your Promise Ultra IDE card has given you another
>pair of channels, using at least one other IRQ (or two) and two other I/O
>addesses. Does this sum it up correctly?

That's spot on. According to Windows the Promise Ultra uses IRQ 20 but
that's after Windows has finished moving things around.

It's ironic that Windows only recognises the built in IDE until the
Promise drivers are installed and with Mandrake only the Promise Ultra
is recognised!

I booted to a Slackware CD and that recognises all the disks so it's
something a bit odd in Mandrake I think?