I am trying to install sylpheed 0.7.6 on Mandrake 8.1. And I got the following
error message. I

checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
./configure: flex: command not found
checking for flex... lex
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up

Then I tried to install Flex2.5.4, I got this message when doing make install
yacc -d ./parse.y
make: yacc: Command not found
make: *** [parse.c] Error 127

I searched yacc in google but couldn't find a package called yacc. Is it a package? If it is not, how can I obtain it?

Please excuse me for these silly and primitive questions. I am trying to start to use Linux and keep getting messages telling me I need this and that for installing this software.

Wei