Hiya!

Brand new to Linux, and trying to install Mandrake 8.0 on an old Compaq
Proliant Server (1500) with P166 and 128. Also new to SCSI, and this machine
has tonnes of it.

I managed to boot off the installation diskette, and got to the install of
Linux, but was stopped when Linux could not find somewhere to load the OS
onto. I have heard that installaing linux on these servers isn't easy. I
used Compaqs Smart Start CD, and I think I got all that right.

Maybe there is a command line way to get this to work?

Thanks,
Craig
Wet  Behind em Ears!