> I searched yacc in google but couldn't find a package called yacc. Is it a
> package? If it is not, how can I obtain it?

Lex and yacc are related, if not somewhat complementary in function,
but there are some differences. First of all, yacc stands for yet
another compiler compiler. Well, what's a compiler compiler? Well,
it's a tool that people use to compile compilers with :). Actually,
it's a tool to parse language grammars - for instance the language
grammars in role playing games, ftp sessions, irc, and others may use
yacc or a similar tool. It's not something that is only used with
computer programming language designers.

Specifically for yacc, there are several variants. There's Berkeley
yacc (byacc). Also there's GNU's yacc, which is called 'bison' (yak /
bison) :) get it? Mandrake has a bison, it's (currently)

bison-1.35-3mdk.i586.rpm

Mandrake also has berkeley yacc (byacc), available as

byacc-1.9-12.mdk.i586.rpm

I am not sure what the differences are, but it's been my experience
that packages might want one, and some might want the other, so it's
probably safe to install both.

If a tool needs yacc/bison/byacc to build, it'll probably need lex aas
well. There's a few different versions as well: flex, for instance

flex-2.5.4a-20.mdk.i586.rpm