On Monday 25 November 2002 07:08 am, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>    I'm having problems installing M8.2 over WinXP. I have a 20GB
> harddisk and i partitioned it into 3. C: takes 5GB and D: takes 7GB. The
> rest i left it for Mandrake. After installing WinXP using NTFS
> filesystem, i booted M8.2 and ran the setup program. The problem came in
> when it couldn't detect the partitions or something.
> "An error occured. Ask_before_blanking: unknown partition table format."
> Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
>
> Regards,
> Sean

MD8.2 (nor any other Linux distrobution I am aware of) does not read NTFS.
I'm not an XP expert, but I believe you can force it to install on a FAT32
partition.  If you only need to see personal files on the XP side, then
create a FAT32 partition to save them there.  MD8.2 will be able to see it.
You may want to consider the first option if you want to take advantage of
the ttfs fonts that are in MS.

Barry