On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 12:11, Sean Goh wrote:
> Hi,
>     Just to clarify, i want to install a dual boot system consisting of
> WinXP and M8.2. I've already installed WinXP but i have trouble
> installing M8.2 because of the problem stated earlier. Thanks for replying.
>
> Sean

Ok - so then the question is this - as this will be the most important
factor in this whole exercise:

Is the partition for *nix BEFORE or AFTER the NTFS partition? If it is
AFTER the NTFS partition, you need to move the NTFS partition to the end
of the HD so that the partition for *nix is BEFORE the NTFS partition
(or before the 1024th cylinder).

If you can accomplish this task, then you should be able to install *nix
on the blank partition you already set aside for it without any further
problems.

--
Wed Nov 27 07:20:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time.