I finally got Linux (Mandrake 6.0) installed, and now I'm trying to configure
it.  It appears that, although I specified the generic SVGA server at 640x480
and 800x600, my KDE desktop is significantly smaller.  It looks like 320x300
or less.  How can I fix this?

I've already tried reusing XF86Config and Xconfigurator and now they won't even
complete the process saying "there is an error in your configuration, go back
or quit now".

Any suggestions?

The install process also did some other goofy stuff -- like not configuring
my Creative Labs AWE32 right and installing my CanonBJC610 printer as an HP
DeskJet!  I'll tackle this stuff later, I need to see more desktop first!

Also, has anybody tried the i740 X-Server on a Real3d Starfigher PCI?

Thanks
Jeremy