Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 01:48, John Richard Smith wrote:

Yes , Stephen,

Technical drawing on computer, you know round widgets and things.

I'm currently looking at gcad, which I take to mean Computer Aided Design.
and Dia, both look promissing, I found a help file for qcad , seems to
think you know quite a bit already, and the manual doesn't start to get
going for some depth, but I trying to make sense of it right now.

Dia seems to have a broken help file location so currently cannot make
head nor tail of it.I haven't drawn with computers before so this is all new.

I need to draw a plan, side, and end view of a device I'm giving to
a friend so he can make it for himself.

thanks.

John

I did notice that the "Dia" with MDK wasn't setup quite correctly - the
Dia on my RH box has all the proper help files and the likes - and when
I did the upgrade, I did it via tarball.

Did you, that explains it, I used rpm's , I think off the website or was it an rpmfind found
site I cannot remember. I will take a look at that, I found some help pages
on the net but I really wanted something I could either download as say a pdf file
and store on a spare partition, like I do with gimp, then i can just look it up anytime,
or builtinto the app itself.

John

There's been several "CAD" style proggies floating around - seen at
either Icewalk, Apps.kde.org, LinuxApps, PlanetMirror, Gnome.org,
Sourceforge.net and Freshmeat.net...

Have you taken a bounce around there to check it out?
(Remember, CAD programs were first run under UNIX...)

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]