On Saturday 30 Nov 2002 1:22 pm, Angus Auld wrote:
> Greetings all, on my Mdk 9.0, when I right click on a plain text file and
> go to the "open with" menu, I have several duplicate program entries
> listed. Where can I straighten this out?
>
> This has to do with file associations, doesn't it? There is probably a way
> to fix this by altering my file associations in CC, but I am unsure how to
> proceed. Help.
>
> Many TIA's for any feedback. :-)
>
> --Angus

You are right Angus. Just open KDE ControlCentre>FileBrowsing>FileAssociations
use the search box to find the mime type (suffix) you are interested in. The
list of associations will be shown. Add or delete to your hearts content. The
top entry in the list will be the default association.  Click on the
'embedded' Tab to see which applications will open from inside konqueror.

derek