On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 08:25, Technoslick wrote:
> Hey, Anne,
>
> Thanks for being the first to jump into my problem. :-)
>
> I think that the bulk of my problem is not understanding how to configure
> the Samba client. The 'smb.conf' file, as far as the server is concerned,
> seems pretty straight-forward to me. So, how does the client mount the
> shares? How did you configure your MDK client? Or was your server also the
> client (the only Linux machine in the house?)
>
> I will look over your smb.conf and try a few changes that make some sense.
>
> Thanks,

> P.S. Thanksgiving was a a great change of pace! More of that....later. ;-)

You can mount the share though either MCC (Drive mount), or get
LinNeighborhood, Gnomba, (you already have XFSamba on your box if you
installed all the wm's with MDK 9), Komba, KSamba-plugin, GSmb...

--
Sun Dec  1 08:35:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Will this never-ending series of PLEASURABLE EVENTS never cease?