Stephen Kuhn mentioned this, too. As I said, the Win boxes were a cinch. All
I had to do was browse through the Network Neighborhood. I'll check it out.
Thanks for your referral!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Francisco Alcaraz Ariza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Using Samba With Linux Clients

I solved all my problems with the next url:

http://mozillaquest.com/Linux02/LinNeighborhood_Network_Neighborhood_Story-0
1.html

Now we have 10 computeres, 6-8 runing linux (1 Debian Woody, the rest
Mandrake
9.0) and 2-4 runing windows 98; we share files without problems in a very
transparent way; the windows computers never knows that they are sharing
files with linux boxes; but the linux computers, thanks to LinNeigborhood
knows what computer are using windows and what linux.

El Sáb 30 Nov 2002 21:25, Technoslick escribió:
> Hey, Anne,
>
> Thanks for being the first to jump into my problem. :-)
>
> I think that the bulk of my problem is not understanding how to configure
> the Samba client. The 'smb.conf' file, as far as the server is concerned,
> seems pretty straight-forward to me. So, how does the client mount the
> shares? How did you configure your MDK client? Or was your server also the
> client (the only Linux machine in the house?)
>
> I will look over your smb.conf and try a few changes that make some sense.
>
> Thanks,

> P.S. Thanksgiving was a a great change of pace! More of that....later. ;-)

Win

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Departamento de Biología Vegetal