On Monday 02 Dec 2002 8:21 pm, Lanman wrote:
> Just a comment here,...I'm using the 800Mhz board in a slimline case as
> a print, DNS, and samba (for the printers)server and it's rock solid.
> Loaded that sucker up with RAM (PC133 ram is sooo cheap now), and I'm
> very happy with the results. It's handling 3 HP4050TN printers with
> JetDirect Cards without a single burp. Didn't use the secondary kernel
> though, just the standard 2.4.xxx one. Thanks for the info, but until it
> screws up badly, I'll leave it as is.

The alternate kernel is only for the installation phase. Once installed the
system runs the regular 2.4.19 kernel just like any other processor. It is
just Mandrake9.0 which has the problem during install. 8.2 is fine (I think),
and so is Suse or RedHat.
I am delighted with mine. It has more than enough power for the job expected
of it.

derek