Having used one of the C3 -800Mz boards in a slim-line case as a print
server (see my previous post), I was mostly impressed with the concept
of such a small board and a compact slim-line case.

But, having tried out one of these "Mini's", I think my next one will be
a Flex or Micro-ATX system, for several reasons;

1) The price for a Flex motherboard is a little less than the Epia
boards, and so is the case and cdrom drive. By using Flex factor
hardware, you can save about $100.00 (Canadian), before you invest in a
CPU, and have you seen the price of Durons lately? But this also means
that you can buy Asus, MSI and other big name boards, and in most cases
you can choose between AMD and Intel CPU's. This means that your end
result could be a P4-2.4 Ghz.system in a pretty compact profile!

2) Whether Mini-ITX or Flex/Micro ATX form factor, these things make
great Thin-Clients ! (Can you say LTSP?), or a secondary PC for the kids
without cashing-in your RRSP's! That seems to go hand-in-hand with
earlier posts about kids desktop managers.

3) Oh, yeah, I spend a lot of time doing hardware research for my
company! Who needs a better reason? !

I Love it when a plan comes together! Now if they can only find a way to
make floppy drives faster.

Lanman