On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 02:45, Angus Auld wrote:

> [root@localhost angus]# locate lilo.conf
> /home/angus/tmp/lilo.conf
> /etc/lilo.conf
> /usr/share/man/man5/lilo.conf.5.bz2
> (The lilo.conf in ~/tmp is a copy that I have just created for reference).
>
> I have one hd on my comp and I have a dual boot w/WinME.
> I am not experiencing any obvious booting probs, just an inability to choose the
>lilo text menu, which I have had since installing 9.0 about 2 months ago, and
>suddenly lost. Now I am presented w/the lilo graphical menu at bootup, regardless of
>my changes in MCC or to lilo.conf manually.
>
> --Angus

The one in /etc/ is the correct one. That's the one that SHOULD affect
any changes to the system....

Question, though - are you absolutely sure you're not using GRUB w/
text? Just forgot, and ain't have enough coffee yet this morning...

--
Thu Dec  5 09:20:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Q:      Why don't lawyers go to the beach?
A:      The cats keep trying to bury them.