Derek Jennings wrote:

On Monday 09 Dec 2002 4:36 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

Someone told me a little time ago that my kword colour montages
can be converted to pdf with Print to File (PDF/Acrobat)
in the printer option list. Mine just seem to contain 0 bytes.

I wonder what I haven't configured right ?

John

check you have ghostscript installed. Then try printing to a postscript file and run
ps2pdf file_name

The resulting file should be a pdf . If that all works then the KDE printer should work as well.

derek

Derek,

Something very odd has occured.

Everything I told you above is precisely true, but when I came back to
have another look at the same 3 previously created PDF files , this
time they were all there with some Mb's each of data in each
and now display normally when I leftmouseclick on them in a
viewer.

So I repeated the event again , and again the files are
empty on first visit, but normal on second. Now what
on earth could cause that.

John

--
John Richard Smith