Daniel,

First...I'm hoping that it was a copy and paste error, but you are
missing the 'i' on image=/boot/vmlinux on the first (default) entry.

In addition, the default entry is the only one with the append= line
that does not read   append="devfs=mount hda=ide-scsi hdd-scsi"

('quiet' keeps you from seeing all the 'goodies' load--I prefer to see
that everything is loading o.k., so I have removed it.)

Without those ide-scsi and hdd-scsi entries, your system is going to
have problems 'seeing' them.  I would suggest that you modify the
append= line in your first (default) entry to read either:

append="quiet devfs=mount hda=ide-scsi hdd-scsi"

or

append="devfs=mount hda=ide-scsi hdd-scsi"

Either way, once you have made the change and saved the lilo.conf file,
at a (root) command prompt, type 'lilo' or '/sbin/lilo' (without quote
marks).  You will get a return of the new lilo configuration, so you
know it 'took'.

Then do a normal shutdown and restart...your CD drive should then be
available as a CDROM and a CD burner.

(BTW:  I have found eroaster to be very reliable and much easier to
configure...personal opinion, of course.)

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 19:44, Daniel Buchanan wrote: I have a cd-rw and a
cd-rom on my system.  The crrecord utility will see the burner but i can
not access it as a regular drive nor can i access the cd-rom drive
either.  I followed the directions on the x-cd-roast website as well as
in the cd-re howto and i simply can not seem to get the drives to work
the way i want them to.  I'm attaching the curent state of my
lili,modules and fstab files.

If someone could tell me where i went wrong and also what i need to link
cdrom and cdrom2 to so i can get full access back to these drives, i'd
be really happy :)

--
Erik

Linux User 288105 @ http://counter.li.org