Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:

Did you load the usb-storage module?

El Mié 11 Dic 2002 16:37, John Richard Smith escribió:

Todd Slater wrote:

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 05:01:06AM -0500, Dennis & Sue wrote:

I have an unsupported HP 315 photosmart camera, ( usb ).
Usbview finds it, and correctly identifies it. Etc/Hotplug knows about it
as well.
Gphoto has no driver for it, cannot make it work.
It seems to me that I should be able to mount it as a filesystem ? of
some kind / type, virtua,l removeable, or scsi, and access it as such.
Does anyone know of a way, or a site that might offer this possibility ?
My cd burner is set up as sco ( I don't know if this matters ).

I could never get my Fuji Finepix 4700 to work with Gphoto, but my 8.1
and up systems always knew the camera was there.

When I set it up in 8.1, I connected the camera and turned it on as if I
were going to transfer files. I then ran MCC and in the
hardware/mount points section, it recognized the camera there as well. I
just clicked it and gave it a mount point. After that, I could mount it
without any problem. I don't know if that will work in 9.0. The
important thing would be to see which device it is, probably /dev/sdb1.

The line in my fstab is:
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/fuji vfat user 0 0

I type mount /mnt/fuji, and I can copy all the files from there.

I would say your chances are good since the system knows it's there. But
then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I were totally wrong!

Todd

Well this is what my camera throws up in MCC,
Bus: SCSI
Location on the bus: 0:0
Channel: 00
New devfs device: scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
Old device file: /dev/sda
host: 1
info: 1.3M DigitalCAM
lun: 00
Media class: hd
raw_type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
usb_bus: USB
usb_description: ViewQuest Technologies Inc.|1.3M DigitalCA
usb_driver: unknown
usb_id: 4880
usb_media_type: Mass Storage|SCSI|Bulk (Zip)
usb_pci_bus: 2
usb_pci_device: 2
usb_vendor: 1843
vendor_name: ViewQuest Technologies Inc.

To I run configure, and ,

I can't read the partition table of device sda, it's too corrupted for me
:( I can try to go on, erasing over bad partitions (ALL DATA will be
lost!). The other solution is to not allow DrakX to modify the partition
table. (the error is unknown partition table format on disk /dev/sda.
)

Do you agree to loose all the partitions?

I say no, and that's it

So the system finds the device ok , but that's as far as it goes.

John

Yep,

John

--