>Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:02:45 +0000

On Friday 13 Dec 2002 9:02 am, Owen Berio wrote:
> I have bumbled my way through installation. Now I'm concerned about virus
> protection and a firewall.  Any help or suggestions for a fellow with a
> very log fog index would be appreciated.
> Owen

You already have the best  defence against viruses.
You are not using Outlook Express :)

Seriously. You would have to try very hard to catch a Linux virus. The Linux
anti virus products you see are to detect *Windows* viruses to avoid passing
them on in a mail server.

As for firewall.  Just press the firewall button in Mandrake Control
Centre>Security

Then go to http://scan.sygatetech.com/ and test it.

derek

PS: Could you blank out the "Reply to " field in your K Mail settings please.
It is not necessary, and in a list like this replies end up going to you
alone and not the list.