On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 21:41, Angus Auld wrote:

> I have TiMidity and instruments and all of the multimedia
> stuff that I can think of installed, but no midi tunes. :-/

Seems like I'm way out of date on this. I've been quickly checking out
this TiMidity thing you mention, and it seems as if somebody has worked
out how to convert MIDI to sound, a sort of software synth. I know
nothing about this, I fear. I stopped working in the music field about
eight years ago, when such a thing wasn't possible. But I'll take a look
(this stuff takes me back, so I don't mind) and if I find anything
useful I'll get back to you.

Meliton.