On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 16:42, FemmeFatale wrote:
> At 03:00 PM 12/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> >. Stephen, can you share the internet with a
> >crossover cable?

> Yes provided the cable goes to a Hub/router/whatevers Uplink Or #1
> port.  thats what that port is for.

OK now I am confused (again), I was thinking from what Stephen wrote
that my XP/mdk9.0 box would be connected to my 8.2 box with the
crossover cable, and that (8.2) box would have another NIC connected to
my cable modem as usual.I thought a hub/router/whatever was unnecessary
with this setup. I also thought this would suffice for both file sharing
and for sharing the cable connection.Was I wrong? Also what is the #1
port?           Joe.