On Tuesday 17 Dec 2002 7:17 pm, s wrote:
> Does it have that new XD media storage?  They say that only came out a
> couple months ago and it is decribed as a new format.  Too new for
> linux possibly.  And I'm not all too sure it's not proprietory.  I
> need to find some info on it...
>
> Anyway, if that's the case, they do have a reader that has slots for
> it and regular smart media that may well be worth the 30 or 40 bucks
> it probably costs.

Well - from a quick google it seems I have two options.  One  is a combined xD
and SmartMedia reader from Olympus and the other is an xD card to compact
flash adapter from Fuji.   (The format was jointly developed by Olympus and
Fuji, so either should work.)  But which is the best bet under linux, I
wonder?  CF users seem to have most success?

Anne