On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:12 pm, Brandon Vanderberg wrote:
> I've been beating my head against my keyboard for about 4 days straight.
> The more I work with Mandrake and all the current apps out there, the
> more impressed I am with all of it. But I can't make the full switch to
> Mandrake until I can resolve the last two issues; Visio and
> Counter-Strike.
>
> As I see it, my choices are wine(x), vmware, and dual booting.
>
> Most of the past 4 days has been spent searching, reading, and trying
> different things to get Half-Life (Counter-Strike) running with winex.
> It still doesn't work and I'm not prepared to spend that much time
> trying to get Visio running, so I've built another partition and put
> Win2k on it. I'll dual boot for now.
Hello,
        Kivio is *the* solution if you need a Visio-style program.
Or so the KOffice people want to convince us.

        I haven't actually used MS Visio before, so I can't tell you if it's like
Kivio (only that it exists :-)).

        There still aren't many good FPS games in linux. Loki I think had Quake III,
but you won't see many other games. Dual-booting and Winex, as you said, are
probably the only ways to get your daily CS quota.

        Regards,
                _nasturtium