I had the very same problem.  I dropped the FTP/HTTP attempts at
installing,  I download the whole installation and tried a HD-install =
NO GO >dumped that idea too, the Boot.img when after dd doesn't work.

I got a CDr off a friend that worked.

Regards,
Sean

http://sjptech.com

Greetings:

Has anyone experienced a problem installing 6.1 with bootnet.img and
pcmcia.img. Here is my problem, (exclusive to 6.1 mandrake not previous
versions)

Second stage install fails. Changing consuls and following the sequence
of events as they unfold indicates that the card manager fails. Error
displayed on consul one is that file system has cannot be written to
disc.,

consul 2:

writing network info to /tmp/ifcfg -eth0
state save to /tmp
[cardmgr]       :executing: '/.serial check ttys1'
                :+cat: not found
                :+fuser: not found

                further probes as errors
                :cant open ./network.opts
exiting card manager

back on console one error is described as:

error: cannot create /modules/modules.cgz read only file system.

As stated this only happens in 6.1 not 6.0 mandrake, or SuSE, and
Caldera. Not checked redhat 6.0 yet?

Comments? TIA

Chris Herrnberger