I will assume that installing Mandrake 9 and Win2K is the same as with
WinXP.

I also have a notebook, 2 partitions (20 and 10 Gb), the first one for
XP alone and the second one with 3 logicalo drives: a 1 Gb FAT drive,
and the rest for MDK9 (8.75 for EXT2 on / and 256Mb for SWAP)

After installing XP i booted from the MDK9 CD, selecting the Expert
installation, choose the packages that I wanted to be installed, set the
Lilo boot manager and that's about it. I now have a dual boot laptop.

Hope this helps.

Adolfo