On Thursday 19 December 2002 18:12, Belkie, Dan wrote:
> Hey guys!
> I am looking at installing Mandrake 9 on my notebook. I am running win2000
> and have over 20 GIG free on my d drive.
> Should it be pretty easy, without harming my 2000 install? Would this be
> the correct steps?
> Insert the first CD,
> Reboot the system,
> Press [F1] when the Mandrake Linux screen comes up,
> Type lnx4win at the prompt, then press [Enter]
> Anyone know of anything to look out for? How will the notebook know to
> prompt for duel boot?
> Thanks
> Dan

It's even easier than that.
First defrag your Window$ (Do that!), then boot with the cdrom.....don't even
choose F1, just click "install" and let yourself be led through the
installation.
Mandrake will resize your Window$ without harming it.
If it refuses to do so, don't try to force it...come back here and ask for
help.

I don't know about the 9.0 install-cd but lnx4win hasn't been fully functional
for a long time. Don't use it IMHO.

By installing lilo (default) in the mbr you'll get your dualboot.

Be sure to back-up important files though!! You never know!:o)

Good luck,
HarM