On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 05:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You could leave the partition as NTFS, but you would only be able to read data off
>of the NTFS partitions.  If you wanted to share files, both Read and Write, then you
>would either create a FAT32 partition, or I do believe there are some NTFS projects
>out there on Freshmeat or Sourceforge that would give Linux the ability to Read and
>Write data to an NTFS partition.  I haven't done the later, but I would be curious to
>know if anyone else out there has been able to do this.
>
> Chris

Just to jump in here really quick, I just did a dual boot on a 20gb - my
scheme was to install XP Pro on VFAT on a 14gb partition, and linux (not
going to say which distro) on the remaining 6gb. XP was loaded first,
then the partition moved to the back of the drive with PQM. Linux was
installed on the remaining partition - 20mb for /boot, 600mb  for SWAP
and the rest for "the unnamed distro". Lilo used for the boot on the
MBR. Automounting done on the VFAT partition so that it actually mounts
on the KDE desktop, along with a shortcut link to the guys "My
Documents" on the XP side of life. StarOffice 5.2 installed; all the
updates for the OS and libs installed.

Fast, down and dirty. TTL - 3 hours (two for XP)

--
Sat Dec 21 09:00:00 EST 2002
  9:00am  up 56 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.13

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
--------------------------------
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Recently deceased blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan "comes to" after
his death.  He sees Jimi Hendrix sitting next to him, tuning his guitar.
"Holy cow," he thinks to himself, "this guy is my idol."  Over at the
microphone, about to sing, are Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin, and the
bassist is the late Barry Oakley of the Allman Brothers.  So Stevie
Ray's thinking, "Oh, wow!  I've died and gone to rock and roll heaven."
Just then, Karen Carpenter walks in, sits down at the drums, and says:
"'Close to You'.  Hit it, boys!"
                -- Told by Penn Jillette, of magic/comedy duo Penn and Teller