On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 21:58, James Dawson wrote:
> On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:39 am, Erik Farnsworth wrote:
> > In Configuration>KDE>System>Printing Manger printer properties....what
> > are your settings?
>
> I assume these are the settings you are talking about:
>
> Output Mode:          Color
> Resolution:           360 DPI
> Media Size:           Letter
> Media Type:           Plain Paper
> Brightness:           1.000
> Contrast:                     1.000
> Cyan:                 1.000
> Density:                      1.000
> Dither Algorithm:     Adaptive Hybrid
> Image Type:           Photograph
> Ink Type:                     Six Color Photo
> Magenta:                      1.000
> Saturation:                   1.000
> Yellow:                       1.000

o.k....mine is similar, although I have a Stylus Color 740.  My
resolution is set to 720X720 (ghostscript) and 720 dpi (resolution).
also, my ink type is set to 4 color standard (but there may be a
difference in the color cartridges available for your epson--??)  my
setup is foomatic+gimp-print with CUPS and image type is continuous-tone
photographs.

That setup works great for me in the gimp, plus mozilla, Oo, and
others.  A lot of darker colors in the image seems to slow it a
little...but only by a minute or so....

--
Erik

Linux User 288105 @ http://counter.li.org