Ok,
I am reaching the point that I am not having fun any more.
I installed SAMBA and had it working. I installed Shorewall and broke SAMBA.
In trying to fix SAMBA, I broke my internet connection and Mozilla. Somewhere
in all of this I got my sound working properly.
My problem with SAMBA was a "it should work" type of problem. With that
problem and several other small annoyances that I was having, I did a
reinstall of MDK9.0 and decided I would start fresh.
No Samba, no shorewall, etc. etc. etc.
Updated Mozilla, broke Mozilla, re-installed Mozilla. Everything OK
Now my sound is broke. It will play a CD but nothing else but the backchannels
sound and system sounds won't work. I can't say that it was working at all
after the re-install of 9.0 (that was at 2AM).
I have enabled sound in the control panel and I have run AUMIX and upped the
bar there (this is what fixed the sound the last time).
Did I miss something during my install that I should have gotten.
I have a Sound Blaster Live.
David