On Monday 23 December 2002 5:08 pm, Ralph Slooten wrote:
> MPlayer has a dump feature... just the trick is to get mplayer tp play
> it first. What is the URL you are watching? I'll give it a try, and tell
> you if I can get it to work.
>
> Greetings
> Ralph

Hi Ralph, I don't have mplayer installed yet so I'll have to get onto it. The
URLs are more often being listened to rather than watched though as they are
mostly radio programmes. Here's one programme that gets broadcast every Thurs
1630-1700 that is usually interesting; this is the link on the page
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/) to the stream;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?materialworld

although this doesn't seem to work for me in konqueror (it is probably because
I have javascript disabled) , I have worked out the the real link to the
programme as http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/rams/materialworld.ram which
I simply type or paste into the location bar. This seems to start realplay
ok.

Thanks,
        Robin