At 09:47 AM 12/24/2002 -0800, you wrote:
Hi Gang:
I'm trying to install Linux 7.1 on an old PC in my
office, (128 M of RAM; don't remember how much hard
drive space I have butI think it's at least 4G), but
it keeps hanging at the point where it's supposed to
be configuring the IDE. Any idea why this is
happening? Is there a fix?

HEEEEEEEELP!!!

Andre---

My first suggestion is strangle the computer. :) (I use regular IDE cables to accomplish this, but YMMV)

OR... you can just check the cables...see if they're hooked up right.

Next, try installing in only text mode. Failing that, um.... see if another OS will install. :)

If ya have more Q's, ask. More smart ass answers will follow, I assure you.
FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert