On Tuesday 24 December 2002 18:03, Robin Turner wrote:

> What??!  You have to pay a subscription fee to use Free Software?
>  This is an insult to the people who wrote the stuff.

It's not a subscription fee to use it. The subscription is for what they
call a "download warehouse" that is set up to make it very easy to add
software to your system. For $99/year you can download as much as you
want. It would supposedly have the latest releases. Charging for such a
service is not much different from the Mandrake club or Red Carpet.

As far as I know, this is not mandatory. I have never seen any
information that stated users cannot install software in the normal way
just like on any Linux system.