So I formatted, and got rid of windows 2000, Loaded Windows 98, And
reinstalled my boot loader. Here is the tale of woe :

Windows 98 required too many reboots to count. It took me over 2 hours to load
the O.S., install the video driver, the sound card driver, antivirus
,firewall, camera software, and cdr software.
I have not yet installed Office, Winzip, or anything else, ( At this point I'm
not sure I'll even bother ).

 Installing and configuring  Mandrake with all the bells and whistles, with
OO, and KOffice, and everything else took about 1 hour,  Maybe slightly
longer but not much, as I recall.

Windows boot up is sloooow. The whole thing is cumbersome and , well....
ehhhhhh, ( We've only been running Mandrake full time for about 5-6 months
now ).
Anyway, After doing all of this ( rebooting between everything of course ), On
the final reboot the damn thing goes into a ....... BSOD. HaHaHaHaHa.
I can't believe that at one time this was the best we could do.
What the hell were we thinking ?
It took me about 10 minutes to reload lilo ( I did an upgrade and picked up a
couple packages ), and get back to where we belong.
Now I'm thinking about dual booting something real with Mandrake, or
repartitioning and giving all 40 gigs to Mandrake, because THAT just hurt.