Thanks for the response,
sorry I didn't respond back sooner but I changed email programs and just
now finished updating all the threads.

I now sorta have the drives working. The problem was that in my fstab I
had scd0 and scd1 but when I tried to mount them I got an error not a
block device.
I looked in /dev/cdroms/ and I saw the entried cdrom0 and cdrom1 I added
them to my fstab and voila the drives mount now. It just makes no sense
to me but there you have it.
Still my ide plextor gives me a message no media found but when I try to
mount the light goes on and I see it trying to scan the drive so I know
its working.....

Thanks so far.
Aaron

--