Anne,

    none of the two works for me, unfortunately.
I **STILL** have no menu labels in OO.

/Stefano

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Tuesday 31 Dec 2002 4:35 am, Mohammed Sameer wrote:

Hi all,
I have a small problem with openoffice "mandrake 9.0 RPM"
When i run openoffice i don't see any menu labels, the menubar is empty, no
fonts are available in the whole app. the fonts preview dropdown list is
empty, there is only a Times font, and a bunch of zapf* fonts i searched
googlebut their *NIX font troubleshooting guide didn't help

This has come up before.  Although I have no experience of the problem, I have
seen two lots of answers to this.

1)  If you have installed Freetype2 from any version other than the install
cds you will need to revert.

2)  Quote:
Go to /etc/openoffice. Edit with vim or whichother editor you like
openoffice.conf and in the place UI_FONT="AUTO" replace it with "Arial" or
whichother font you think is usable. That might help.
Unquote

HTH

Anne