Do you have the client computer set for internet connection as a static IP address? I have not been able to get my firewall/router to work properly without setting the client machines to dhcp. Look in MCC and internet connection, if it is set as static change to dhcp and see if you can get out. HTH Dennis M.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 10:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Router/firwall

I am trying to setup a router/firewall.
Installed the nic
set eth0 to the 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
set eth1 to the ISP static IP address and mask.

Connected the computers .
I can ping anything from the Mandrake 9.0 box.
I can ping both nics in the Mandrake box from the client
I can ping the mandrake box eth1 from an outside computer
but I cannot get outside the from the client in the network.
I cannot ping the ISP's gateway or anthing else outside the eth1 nic.

What have a done wrong?
  Thanks